Hillary 2016 as a Failed Agile Transformation - Part II

Originally published at: http://www.agileuprising.com/hillary-2016-failed-agile-transformation-part-ii/

In Part I we reviewed 2 scenarios that are consistently seen across agile transformation failures, and how they could relate to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Presidential Campaign. Let’s continue the conversation! 1.      Using trailing and/or “bad” metrics Every initiative wants to know if what they’re doing is working or not. To accomplish this task they rely on “metrics”, which are numerical…

This was a fun read Hrscko. In fact, I was drawn to the quip above and immediately drew a correlation to the following manifesto tenant:

Individuals and interactions over processes and tools

From what you describe, it sounds like the Hillary Campaign was more into data and vehicles for promoting her stance on things, instead of attempting to make genuine connections with undecided voters. I cant say that is an unequivocal truth given I wasn’t on her team, or connected with her campaign directly - but it is fun to stretch the manifesto into other domains to see if it holds up outside of agile, and certainly outside of software development.