Hiring Scrum Master with Kanban

Our client in Philadelphia has a 6+ month contract for a Scrum Master with Kanban experience.

The role of Scrum Master will involve working with established or newly-forming teams. You will help them set up their working practices, improve delivery efficiency and facilitate agile ceremonies. The Scrum Master will need to bring passion, ingenuity and a servant-leader approach to your work. You’ll be part of a wider team working to shape and implement lightweight delivery frameworks and tools that work for our teams. This new role is embedded into the expanding operational area of Technology Infrastructure & Operations (TIO) and will report into the Agile Delivery Manager.

Your key responsibilities:
• Build collaborative, professional, and successful relationships with product and delivery teams and the wider business.
• Provide visibility into the status and progress of work.
• Manage dependencies between teams. Co-ordinate and synchronise dependent work items across disciplines and teams.
• Build shared understanding of obstacles to progress; negotiate to remove obstacles.
• Communicate with stakeholders and manage their expectations.
• Be a part of creating and maintaining a Kaizen or continuous improvement environment.
What you will be doing:
• Help to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve Agile ways of working.
• Measure and track throughput and lead time for work items.
• Actively manage the team’s delivery.
• Collecting, analysing and presenting data e.g. lead time, velocity etc.
• Use data to forecast delivery schedules and support negotiations around prioritisation and staffing.
• Facilitate planning meetings, backlog grooming, demo and retrospectives.
• Work with the Product Managers & delivery teams to estimate backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process.
• Delve into detail to help teams overcome problems.
• Help scope and prioritise with product teams and stakeholders.

Requirements:

• Agile or Lean software delivery experience Kanban is a MUST
• Experience of all parts of the product lifecycle including end-of-life.
• Ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
• Energy and enthusiasm for delivery and implementing change.
• Be open to trying new or different ways to deliver.
• Experience as a Scrum Master is essential; experience as an Agile Coach is a plus.
• Experience with Jira and Confluence preferred.
• A technical background in software development, testing or operations is an advantage but not essential.

Please e-mail your resume to lwalker@datumsoftware.com.

I never really get the want Scrum Master with Kanban Experience. If I am a Scrum Master I am most likely going to want to apply Scrum and yes maybe use some Kanban principles and tools but I am still going to want to do Scrum especially if we’re talking a software project with complex software deliverables. If this is software that is operational and needs fixing or small updates yes I can see using straight Kanban but your not advertising a sexy job that a Scrum Master may apply for. Now if your talking a super sexy project with complex deliverables and using Kanban to discover your process from scratch that might be fun but then your probably talking someone so advanced they are going to be pretty expensive and my guess the rate for this is low because they always are in this area.