Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)

Agile is the best thing to happen to IT. It’s defining principles will guide us through the times to come. I have had the blessing of being part of a number of Agile project and have led them as a Senior Business Analyst, Product Manager, Account Manager and am proud of the results. I have worked in onsite-offshore Agile models in US, UK and in India.

I am here to learn from the global leaders in Agile.

Regards
Suhas

Dear All:
We are in the process of recruiting session speakers for the Agile Lean Summit at the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Harrisburg, PA. The Agile Lean Summit is a full-day event on Tuesday March 6, 2018, hosted by the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, with an expected audience of about 200 in Harrisburg, PA. The summit tracks are: Agile Lean Project and Teams, Agile Lean Transformations, and Agile Lean in Government, with three sessions in each track.
Our theme this year is Leadership Agile Transformations. Our goal is to bring together bright minds to give talks that are idea-focused, and on the Agile Lean subject, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter. Here is a link that points to our 2018 Agile Lean Summit landing page; http://agilesummit.harrisburgu.edu/with links to previous summits.
We are currently accepting requests to speak at one of the sessions, therefore if you are interested and available, please go to the following link and fill out the form to submit your presentation proposal. https://huagileleansummit.wufoo.com/forms/agile-lean-summit-2018-presentation-proposal/
Thanks;

Dr. Joe Malak, DBA, MBA, MSME
Corporate Faculty, Project Management
Agile Lean Center, Harrisburg University
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(203) 430-4127
Jmalak@harrisburgu.edu

So happy to see all the new faces and kind words. You all are building out this community and we want your feedback. Let us know how to improve he Agile Uprising and how we can continue to grow!

Add your thoughts here: https://www.scatterspoke.com/Agile%20Uprising/retrospective/Hyw0ODrtZ

I’m really excited to be a part of AGILE Uprising!
Do<->Learn<->Adapt<->Repeat
I believe this is the way to live both our personal and professional lives allowing us to embrace change or Transformation via action and pro-active learning instead of going on defensive mode with years of planning that allows no room for adapting. I joined the coalition to share and discuss ideas and learn from others in this awesome Agile community! Thank you for creating the space to DO so.

Welcome @Sathya_Janga !

Would you care to Wave your flag - let the community know where you are geo-located?

Explore the categories/topics, and has you think of ways to improve how we share, discuss, learn, please add to our open retro board: https://www.scatterspoke.com/Agile%20Uprising/retrospective/Hyw0ODrtZ1

Welcome to the coalition. This place is great for trying out ideas and rubbing up against people of character and insight. I’m glad you found us.

Hi,

My name is Scott and I’m here thanks to @EllenAfromsky who I met on Twitter. She had “Member of AgileUprising” in her profile and I thought that sounded really interesting, so here I am. My background is in education (elementary music teacher and professional development enthusiast) and more recently sales and I like taking every opportunity to learn something new.

I have no idea what agile means nor scrum (for that matter) but I’m excited to learn. Thank you to everyone who will help me on my journey. I look forward to the opportunity to learn with all of you.

Welcome. This is certainly a great place to bounce ideas and learn from some crazy smart people.I love that the AgileUprising Coalition exists and we get to talk to people who want to do the best they can in a way that works. The podcasts are great as well.

There are great ideas everywhere. If it helps I use Kanban for managing my 16 yo and it works a treat. Glad to be on the journey with you.

Hi. I am Jochen. I have now 2.5 years experience as a Product Owner in a tools development team which is taking care of build process for SW in automotive. We make sure that SW can be build with the necessary qualities and the right compiler and linker settings.
I am now starting to transfer into getting an agile team coach with a broader view on agile instead of only practising Scrum.
I am curious about the community and how I can gain knowledge and probably also share my experience with others.
Thanks for having me here,
Jochen

@Learning2BAgile and @jochen.widmaier Welcome aboard! You both have interesting backgrounds, looking forward to having some good conversations!

Some days the emphasis shifts … Welcome to the campfire @Learning2BAgile and @jochen.widmaier

Thank you so much for the kind words. One of the reasons I love doing the podcast with other members is it feels like conferences. Me and my friends sitting around enjoying the company and talking about our challenges with work. Glad you found some use with the convo, anything you would have added to the podcast?

@pascal8888 to “yes and” @chrismurman - are there podcast topics you’d like to hear about? join a podcast about? guest blog about? All are possibilities…

Hi there -

My name is Matt Roe. I’m new here. Andy Cleff suggested I join the community! I’m a recruiter at a company called Open Systems Technologies. We work with quite a few financial firms and healthcare companies. Any times that I find opportunities focused in Agile/Scrum/Kanban, I jump on those reqs because I love working on them! The agile community is so interesting to talk to.

About me: I’m a little over a year into recruiting and I’m passionate about what I do. I love talking with professionals and it’s incredible that I get to help people find their next assignment. I’m married, a dog lover (German Shepherds are the best), and I’m fascinated by IT/Healthcare.

Let me know if you’d ever like to connect! I love expanding my network and getting to know people.
(980) 265-0147
mroe@opensystemstech.com

@MattRoe Welcome! Great to have you here.

All - did you know if you aren’t a frequent visitor, you can get a regular digest email of discussion?

Frequency can be set at your preference.

Just visit your preferences (Gear icon that displays when you click on your avatar top right)
Then click on “emails” on the left:

Pick your cadence:

select frequency

Greeting! I’m Erkka and I come from the small European country of Finland. I actually ended up here through Twitter after starting to follow @Ryan_Lockard and @andybacon due to the Uprising podcasts.

I have a history of roughly 13 years in software development and solutioning what started with web design but a large part of this time I have worked with (please do not hold this against me) SAP. Agile has been a focus point of mine for the past soon now 3 years and it started for me from the point of view that there has to be a better way to do things also in large ERP projects and basically after that I have been the guy who debates against the “this is how we have always don this”.

Now days i am fast moving more and more away from traditional ERP and working more and more on custom solutions what focus on usability and mobility.

Sounds like interesting work. Welcome to the coalition.

Greetings Erkka! I’m currently working on a massive ERP project myself using agile and SAFe, so I’m really looking forward to sharing both horror stories and successes. Welcome!

Hi Jay. The I would expect that you have your hands full. Looking forward in hearing how it goes. SAP has waterfall rooted really deep in many of the practitioners head.

I don’t know if I have that much success stories to share, but some stories as well