Periodic Table of Agile Principles and Practices

A very interesting approach:

I need to print this out, large scale, and start to absorb it.

From the article:

Layout Principle

• The Origin Method such as XP, Scrum, DevOps, etc is indicated by the color as well as the name of the method on the top-right corner.
  • The Category, Principle or Practice is indicated by the shape: rectangle or round corners.
  • The number represents the Complexity expressed as the number of dependencies.
  • The team or committee concerned with the principle or practice is indicated as note on the bottom-right corner.
  • The horizontal dimension is related to the complexity. The more on the right is an element, the higher its complexity.
  • The vertical dimension is related to classifying principles and practices more organization or more related to engineering, in specific layers related to the category or team they apply to.

An amazing amount of thought went into this.

I find that my little brain starts to hurt when I see diagrams like this.

The information is good, but the work at decoding it is often greater than the reward. I think I’m going to follow your lead and go with A3.

Looking through it though, the devil appears to be in the detail. Product Management and Architecture Committees seem like a blast from the past. This might work in a specific application. The metaphor is also a nice bit of nostalgia.

Yeah, @bradstokes the committees do seem a vestige of the past.
Yet they still exist in many enterprise orgs think/undergoing/avoiding transformation

While all the dependencies are detailed in the notes… I’d love to see a “responsive” UI… click and voila… dependencies revealed.

See: the Deloitte Agile Subway Map. Brilliantly put together and very deep in knowledge, but cognitively it’s like a shotgun blast to the face.

I went back and really worked my way through. There is some nice categorization, some controversy with Story Points, Metaphors and Committees, but overall a nice attempt to capture a thought. I won’t use it, but I’m glad I stopped to read and understand it.