Who is the Agile Uprising Coalition for?

When launching this crazy idea, we imagined serving the following “users personas:”

Barry the Beginner

• Wants to learn the basics
  • Has no allegiance to any particular certifying body

Susan the ScrumMaster

• Wants to share what they know, grow their network, and look for best practices
  • Looking for resources like sprint meeting agendas, retro techniques, etc.
  • Looking for next job

Fred the Frustrated Practitioner

• Passionate about Agile
  • Frustrated that he can not get others to see things in the same light

David the Developer

• Wants to learn and share technical best practices

Terry the Trainer

• Wants to share what they know, grow their network, and look for best practices
  • Looking for next job/clients

Charlotte the Coach

• Looking for next job/clients

Ivan the IT Manager

• Learning about agile values, principles, and role of the manager
  • Developing network of agile-minded managers

Peter the Product Manager

• Learning about the evolving role of the product owner and product manager
  • Developing a network of product management professionals

Elliott the Executive

• Learning about agility mindsets and benefits from a business perspective
  • Developing a network of other agile-minded executives

If you recognize yourself in one of those profiles, great.

If you don’t tell us who we missed!

Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)
pinned globally #2

What about Mike in Middle Management? (in between Ivan and Elliott)

WIIFM? What’s in it for Mike? How to adapt to this thing called agile?

There are a bunch of pod casts out there that talk about the middle manager and Agile transformation and the Need to have empathy for them as there role changes. Have a safe place for them to learn about how to build T shaped people support the people and crush impediments. Current Client has a lot of fear hanging out in the Middle managements layer and it one of the many reason that they are unable to see the full benefit of agility.

You free tomorrow to join an online lean coffee on the topic?

“How to start the transformation when managers are stuck in uncertainty and fear?”

Join the discussion via this link: https://zoom.us/j/392760629

11 AM Friday Sept 16

Hi everyone, I’m glade to be here. I’m a professor of Computer Science since 1994. I’m from Morocco. I’m teaching Software Enginnering and Scrum framework. I’m here to learn from you so that I can share best practices with my students and also with my PLN (Personal Learning Network). Thank you.

@Knafil - It is wonderful to have you with us! My first few questions: how can we as a community help you? What are some of the challenges you face? And a trick question: are you using Scrum to teach Scrum :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you @andycleff for your reply, it’s my first day here, so i’m searching how can i got the most from your platform. For your trick question, really i’m not scruming my scrum course but i think it’s very challenged to do it for the next course’s sprints.

To get the most from the Coalition, perhaps start by browsing our list of categories.
http://coalition.agileuprising.com/

Find one or two that interest you…
Or start a new category
Post questions
Answer questions posted
The platform is what we make it… give and take.

I have empathy for these people too. Some businesses are full of middle managers, and by failing to address them we risk sending a message of “you’re superdluous to this transition”, thereby increasing existential fear and potentially provoking resistance.

Whereas, the book PeopleWare suggests middle managers are the glue that keeps things connected in many invisible ways. These people can become great encouragers and obstacle killers, if we engage their strengths.

The role of middle managers needs to change as we move to Agile. Let’s help those people remember what they loved to do (before they got caught in the geats of business-as-usual) and benefit from their connections and wisdom!

Deb

How about:

Ollie the Old Timer

• Just wishes people would treat each other well while creating some good software
  • Pessimistic about certifications in general
  • Stoked to find a community of people who “get it”

:slight_smile:

Elia the Evangelist

• Out to transform the world of work
  • Looking for shareable, quality content
  • Looking for like-minded people / networking