I am getting ready to open postions in ATL for a Site Coach and Scrum Master. I thought I would share it here since its a little different than most you see posted on the internet. Let me know your thought and if you are interested in hearing more about it. Reach to me via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you ask me what I am looking for in a candidate. I look at it like 3 Jeff Bridges movies. Tron, True Grit, and the Big Lebowski
Notice no certification required…
Heres the JD For our Site Coach Position.
The Agile Site Coach is a servant-leader for the Development Center. Serves the Development Center by ensuring goals, scope, and enterprise-wide Agile transformation outcomes are understood by everyone at the Development Center. Coaches the Development Center leadership in the Agile Mindset and The Practice use in the Lean Agile Journey. Works with other Agile Site coaches or Scrum Master coaches to maintain harmonization and increase the effectiveness of Lean Agile Journey in the organization. The Agile Site Coach helps those outside the Scrum Team understand how their decision may affect the overall system of work and Teams. The Agile Site Coach helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the Development Center transition to Lean Agile Journey.
Agile Site Coach Service to the Enterprise Coach
The Agile Site Coach serves the Enterprise Coach in several ways, including:
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and enterprise-wide Agile transformation outcomes are understood by everyone at the Development Center
- Helping the Development Center understand the need for clear and concise Lean Agile Journey process and practices;
- Understanding Lean Agile Journey planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Enterprise Agile Coach knows how to arrange the Agile Journey Backlog to maximize success at the Development Center;
- Facilitating Lean Agile Journey events as requested or needed.
Agile Site Coach Service to the LAJ Team
The Agile Site Coach serves the LAJ Coaching Team in several ways, including:
- Maintains the Harmonization and understanding of the Lean Agile Journey’s process and practices
- Works to support other development centers across the globe through travel or other communications channels;
- Facilitating workshops and training to continue the teams’ growth; and,
- Ensure the team understands the value stream for their development center.
Agile Site Coach Service to the Development Center
The Agile Site Coach serves the Development Center in several ways, including:
- Mentor and Coach Development Center Leadership Agile Journey’s process and practices
- Mentor and Coach Development Center Leadership on the Agile Mindset
- Ensure the that the system of work is continually optimized for effectiveness
- Foster an environment for continuous improvement and learning
- Facilitate the removal of Development Center impediments
Agile Site Coach Service to the Enterprise
The Agile Site Coach serves the Enterprise in several ways, including:
Maintain awareness of how their development center interacts with the globally distributed enterprise;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an agile development environment.
- Experience and knowledge in various project methodologies: waterfall, scrum, agile, Kanban, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Understanding and experience in a software product development environment.
- Experience in mentoring/leading other members of the software engineering team.
- Knowledge of project management practices in an agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels within an enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- skills, various software tools & environments
- Leadership & communication
- Ability to train others in technology and software methodology
- Knowledge of tools for agile development teams and able to train/mentor others in using
- Ability to travel to the various NextGen locations: Atlanta, Costa Mesa, Horsham, and possibly Bangalore up to 10% of the time.
- Experience as an agile coach or trainer
- Experience in leading an organization through a waterfall-to-agile transition
- Planning skills, able to define enterprise milestones and goals and produce a plan to achieve
- HealthCare industry experience & knowledge
- Experience with software development process standards, e.g. ISO, CMMI, FDA etc.
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities, and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- MS, MBA or equivalent with emphasis in Computer Science or related field
- Proven agile coach abilities
- Management experience