Agile Trans4ormation Leader Workshop

Did the Agile Trans4mational Leader Workshop last week with Michael Spayd (co-founder of the Agile Coaching Institute) and Michele Madore.

It’s hard to sum up everything we worked on over three days but I suppose it would be fair to say that what they’re working on is an AQAL (All Quadrants All Levels/Spiral Dynamics/Integral) model of change leadership in the Agile space. This builds on Michael’s developing the Integral Agile Framework which forms one of the bases of the Agile Coaching Institute’s approach to team coaching.

The goal behind Trans4mation’s approach is to bring that framework up to an enterprise level and emphasizing change leadership over change management (i.e., working consciously to transform organizations from within using the AQAL/Laloux model.)

In any case, it did very much feel like a natural extension to what I learned at ACI and they have big plans for their model (working on forming change leadership groups, etc.)

Here’s the link if anyone’s interested: http://www.trans4mation.coach/agile-trans4mational-leader-workshop/

The course is part of ICAgile’s Enterprise track, btw.

I’m very interested in this one !!!

It’s really pretty cool. They go through the self-assessment part of the Leadership 360 profile as well. In fact, that’s foundational to what they’re doing (i.e., that as change agents, Agile Coaches should act as change leaders, at least in the sense that what we do should be intentional and informed.)

One of the goals they have is to set up “pods,” or groups of people that have been trained in their framework and who will work together as a group. Their vision is that that could be a consulting firm or it could be independent Agile coaches, etc.

@troy As you’re the guy who got me started with Integral/S.D., you, in particular, have to take this workshop. I think you’ll find it tying a lot of the ideas you’re working with into a more coherent whole.

Spayd’s book on this framework is supposed to come out this summer, btw.

Thank you i’m planning this now! @JayHorsecow is expressing interest as well.

Even better because another model they’re working on is setting up groups (they’re calling them “pods”) of practitioners who want to work together in using this framework! :slight_smile: