Our client in Philadelphia has a 6+ month contract for a Scrum Master with Kanban experience.
The role of Scrum Master will involve working with established or newly-forming teams. You will help them set up their working practices, improve delivery efficiency and facilitate agile ceremonies. The Scrum Master will need to bring passion, ingenuity and a servant-leader approach to your work. You’ll be part of a wider team working to shape and implement lightweight delivery frameworks and tools that work for our teams. This new role is embedded into the expanding operational area of Technology Infrastructure & Operations (TIO) and will report into the Agile Delivery Manager.
Your key responsibilities:
• Build collaborative, professional, and successful relationships with product and delivery teams and the wider business.
• Provide visibility into the status and progress of work.
• Manage dependencies between teams. Co-ordinate and synchronise dependent work items across disciplines and teams.
• Build shared understanding of obstacles to progress; negotiate to remove obstacles.
• Communicate with stakeholders and manage their expectations.
• Be a part of creating and maintaining a Kaizen or continuous improvement environment.
What you will be doing:
• Help to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve Agile ways of working.
• Measure and track throughput and lead time for work items.
• Actively manage the team’s delivery.
• Collecting, analysing and presenting data e.g. lead time, velocity etc.
• Use data to forecast delivery schedules and support negotiations around prioritisation and staffing.
• Facilitate planning meetings, backlog grooming, demo and retrospectives.
• Work with the Product Managers & delivery teams to estimate backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process.
• Delve into detail to help teams overcome problems.
• Help scope and prioritise with product teams and stakeholders.
• Agile or Lean software delivery experience Kanban is a MUST
• Experience of all parts of the product lifecycle including end-of-life.
• Ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
• Energy and enthusiasm for delivery and implementing change.
• Be open to trying new or different ways to deliver.
• Experience as a Scrum Master is essential; experience as an Agile Coach is a plus.
• Experience with Jira and Confluence preferred.
• A technical background in software development, testing or operations is an advantage but not essential.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.