Looking for suggestions for a C-Level audience

Hey crew! I am pulling together a two hour training for an executive team and would like a short, hands on activity that would demonstrate collaboration and self organizing principles- any suggestions that are under 10-15 minutes?

Hi Colleen,

My opinion: any session with c-level will benefit from “How Long Does It Take To Write A Name?” – Henrik’s [multi-tasking name game](http://blog.crisp.se/2011/12/07/henrikkniberg/multitasking-name-game called). It’s NOT about self-organizing. Instead (my opinion again) executives need to hear a message about reducing work-in-progress, creating focus, and STOP shuffling people around multiple projects.

This looks awesome! Thanks for the recommendation @David

Hi Colleen,
The “Ball Point Game” (lots about it online e.g. http://www.allaboutagile.com/agile-games-ball-point-game ) is a good one for giving people a sense of how it feels to be part of an agile team i.e. the level of engagement and continuous improvement etc. It offers lots of potential learning opportunities.
Best of luck!
Adam

LOL- “To play the game, you will need a lot of balls, if you’ll forgive he expression!”

Love this as well, seems like a good one to get everyone up and laughing.

The “name game” somehow never made it onto my radar until now, thanks for sharing @David!

multi-tasking and multi-team allocation is such a huge challenge - I really like how the exercise makes the cost super clear.

Hey Colleen

I have a game to show Control versus Collaboration

Game

Control Approach
An arm wrestling between a team but organised by a manager who will decide rules, fixtures and everything

Collaboration Approach
There are only two rules

Everyone has to compete once with anyone.

The winner advance to play with another winner and the loser has to follow and cheer the person who defeated him.

Conclusion
The collaboration approach last less than Control Approach because everyone collaborates with the organisations of the tournament.

Enjoy it.

Hi @Colleen

I’ve used the Rope Game successfully to highlight the difference between “command and control” and “self-organising”. There are good instructions as well as a video here.

You run 2 sessions - one with a Project Manager / manager / leader directing the team and then one where the team make their own decisions. It will only take about 10 minutes plus some time for discussion afterwards.

I hope that you find this useful.