So we’re having a nice, healthy debate regarding the optimal team size for a cross functional team.
Plenty of references to toss around:
- Between three and seven, preferably five. http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Pfeiffer-Essential-Resources-Professionals/dp/0787981990/
- 4.6 Plenty of jokes possible with this one. http://www.amazon.com/Leading-Teams-Setting-Stage-Performances/dp/1578513332/
- anything up to 20, except 8 http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20126901.300-explaining-the-curse-of-work.html
- 5, 15 and 150 http://www.cognitive-edge.com/blogs/dave/2006/12/logn_0093_3389_logcr_1_r20764.php
- six plus or minus three https://www.scrum.org/portals/0/documents/scrum%20guides/scrum_guide.pdf
What say ye?