Podcast: Advanced Product Ownership with Kevin Callahan

Join host Troy Lightfoot and special guest Kevin Callahan as they discussed Product Ownership beyond just process and into real life decision making. Kevin and Troy discuss making decisions depending on Business context, Prioritization techniques, LeanUX and LeanStartup applied to enterprise, Lean Flow, and Quality.

Kevin’s website: www.interactionagility.com

Black Swan Farming: www.blackswanfarming.com

Books Mentioned:

Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
The Alchemy of Growth: Practical Insights for Building the Enduring Enterprise
The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development
Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability: An Introduction
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Clean Architecture: A Craftsman’s Guide to Software Structure and Design

Note: The book links above are amazon affiliate links that will help us pay for hosting costs and other costs associated with maintaining the Agile Uprising.

I’d definitely recommend a couple of these. Clean Code is brilliant.

had A good time recording this one!

Had a great time listening, one of your best @troy. The Three Horizons and when to strike a balance between Lean StartUp and Continuous Flow was fantastic. I’ve scheduled it in for a re-listen, to grab the bits I missed on the way through.

Glad you enjoyed it! And love that the topics resonate. Lemme know if there are any questions I can answer or topics to clarify. The tough thing about a conversation is it just sort of unfolds and thus unlike a rehearsed presentation sometimes important details are left out.

Anyhow hope others find it useful as well :slight_smile:

Enjoyed both of your perspectives on product ownership and flow. Hope you guys are both doing well!

Thanks and nice to see you here Scott!