My approach has grown to this (it likely isn’t perfect but works for me currently):
- uncover something i care about and think others may also dig
- validate point above. Write a blog or start some conversations on the topic to see if my hypothesis is correct
- account for the learnings
- write an abstract to codify the approach
- write the final summary of the talk or whatever to basically TDD my content. Anything i write after this should satisfy that final summary - else in gold plating.
I’d also say, still attend the talks you think you understand. New perspectives grow empathy. Also, challenge your biases by going to talks that conflict with your ethos, you may learn something if you reserve judgement.
If all else fails, start another Agile Uprising, because the core of you question is what got this whole thing started after all