I don’t have mine at my finger tips, but here’s what I particularly enjoyed from Scrum Inc.
We are seeking a Scrum Master for one of our teams based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. At Scrum Inc. the Scrum Master is also a cross-functional member of a Team. This Team has ownership of Scrum Inc.’s brand and business. Presentation, grace, and customer service skills are critical to this Team, as they are the face of Scrum Inc. to both the public and to private clients.
The Scrum Master
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
Scrum Master Service to the Product Owner
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
• Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
• Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
• Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
• Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
• Understanding and practicing agility; and,
• Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Scrum Master Service to the Business Development Team
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
• Coaching the Business Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
• Helping the Business Development Team to create high-value products;
• Removing impediments to the Business Development Team’s progress;
• Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
• Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Scrum Master Service to the Organization
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
• Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
• Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
• Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
• Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
• Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.