We just opened up a new Scrum Master position. If any of you are interested, look me up so we can chat. Also, I remember a thread a few months back talking about what a good SM job description looks like. I made some modifications to my own based on what I read, and I’d love to hear from the crowd about what you do and don’t like. Let me know.
We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Scrum Master Position
Study.com is a leading online education provider which serves over 30 million visitors every month. We’re looking for a Scrum Master who are passionate about coaching teams and helping them achieve high levels of performance and flow. Our company is a mature agile shop who wholeheartedly embraces an agile mindset across all facets of the organization. We are looking for a candidate with the experience and excitement to help us continuously improve the way we develop and deliver education worldwide.
The ideal candidate will immediately help us:
- Relate to team members on a personal level in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Partner with Product Owners to develop strategies to create high-performing teams.
- Uncover and address team issues through innovative retrospective techniques.
- Clarify quality metrics for the benefit of the team in order to drive feedback.
- Solve big problems with small solutions by way of insights and experimentation.
- Epitomize an agile mindset and be a role model for your teams.
- Know our product and have a passion for making education accessible.
- Foster a learning organization through collaboration with other Scrum Masters and managers.
Minimum Viable Candidate:
- One or more years of experience acting as a Scrum Master.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and proficiency in navigating personalities.
- A level of pragmatism that emphasizes a bias toward action.
- Familiarity with all things agile to include Lean, Extreme Programming, Kanban, DevOps, and Continuous Deployment.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other Scrum certification.
- Familiarity with JIRA and JIRA Agile configuration and administration.
- Background in business development, quality assurance, or technical development.
- Experience with customer-facing web application development.