I haven’t seen this before, it’s a modification to the starfish retro I came up with. It seems pretty simple so i’m not saying I am the first one to do this by any means but I hadn’t seen it before so I felt like sharing something I am doing.
- Replace the traditional starfish categories with the scrum values which are Courage, Commitment, Focus, Respect, and Openness.
- Review the scrum values with the team (I always keep them up in the team area.)
- Ask the team to identify things that happened during the sprint that met the scrum values and post it in the correlating section.
- Ask the team to identify things that happened that didn’t meet the scrum values or how we could improve at these values and post in the correlating section.
- Make sure to remind the team to not point fingers and that we fail and succeed as these values as a team.
- Record action items and make a plan.
Because we focus on only a few things at a time, we work well together and produce excellent work. We deliver valuable items sooner.
Because we work as a team, we feel supported and have more resources at our disposal. This gives us the courage to undertake greater challenges.
As we work together, we express how we’re doing, what’s in our way, and our concerns so they can be addressed.
Because we have great control over our own destiny, we are more committed to success.
As we work together, sharing successes and failures, we come to respect each other and to help each other become worthy of respect.