The best Agile Conferences

Dear Agile Friends!

I am one of the organizers of ACE! Building Software Better.Building Better Products.

The 9th Edition of our Conference is coming and I am looking for some creative ideas :slight_smile: I would love to make sure that all of our attendees will love what we prepared. So if you have any suggestions what do you like during the conferences and what is not for you, please let me know.

I deeply believe that all conferences organizers should cooperate with the communities in order to deliver a better experience and prepare a great even.

Here you can read more about ACE: www.aceconf.com

From the ACE website:

• The Building Software Better track includes the traditional ACE! content such as agile, lean, Scrum, Kanban, and other methods for improving the software development.
  • The Building Better Products track features Lean Startup, LeanUX, Design Thinking and Customer Development topics. This track is for everyone involved in creating products, including product managers, UI and Interaction Designers, and UX Researchers.
  • We’ve also added a workshop track so that attendees can apply new skills and experiment with new ideas. Learn how to use gathered knowledge to make the products that people want.

Topics I’d love to see all of us discuss include:

• People. The human element. The “care and feeding” of the individuals and teams that are responsible for the outcomes. How the organizational system impacts the behaviors and thinking of the people.
  • Metrics We are largely operating in unpredictable domains, complex, chaotic. We conduct experiments to test our hypotheses. And we collect data to try to have some way to do analysis, and not rely only on opinion and/or gut feel. What kinds of measurements are folks using? What are they learning?

You can never go wrong with an open bar at the happy hour event after the event… it’s how the Uprising got its starts.

When I did the first to Heart of Agile Conferences with Alistair Cockburn. We did a collaborative conversation track with questions sourced from the community. We always intend in to turning the information collected during those session in to an EBook but life always seemed to get In the way.

No clue about the ACE, but just wanted to mention the ALI (=Agile-Lean-Ireland). I attended that one last year, and it really was a great (but way too short) conference with good topics. Here you can find more:
https://www.agileleanireland.org/