Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)

I’d second that. Welcome, Adeilson,

You will have faced some unique pressures few of us stare down. Balancing the will of the CEO with using technology to see the vision of the company come to life is never easy. I look forward to chatting with you.

You said the magic words of AI. So how do you think AI can assist developers and teams in finding better solutions? I’m not thinking the magical neural networks, I was actually thinking more the rules-based side of the coin. I’d think that finding a sufficiently large corpus of data to provide meaningful insights on team performance would be difficult in the extreme.

Welcome again.

Hello Everyone,

I’m so glad I stumbled across Agile Uprising. I’ve been listening to the podcast as much as I can to catch up. I feel I’m in a bit of a unique situation (perhaps you can tell me that I’m really not :slight_smile:). I’ve been apart of Scrum development teams in the past and loved the practices. I now work in an HR department trying to setup Agile HR, I still have oversight over the technology road map aligned with the our IT department.

We are in the process of creating value streams for HR with an agile discipline to scale agile outside the software development practice. It will be a really interesting / exciting adventure and I look forward to engaging the community in some thoughtful discussions.

welcome @Shaun_Mitchell! Agile outside of IT has been a topic that’s been beat on a ton the last few years. The engagement I just left had Agile Finance and a few other business units looking to move in that direction. With that said, you are probably still a pioneer of sorts. I’ve seen the case studies, and the conference talks, but think there is still a lot we can all collectively learn and experiment with. Looking forward to that lens being applied as you scour postings!

Glad you joined; as a community we benefit greatly from diverse views and experiences…

Would love to chat more on agile hr.

Values, principles, resources for the journey.

Welcome @Shaun_Mitchell! We are putting together a podcast in the near future around Agile HR with Arlen Bankston who is writing a book on the topic. Want to join?

See the thread here: HR and Agility

I’ve added links to Arlen’s work. @Paul_Elia spoke with him last year on our podcast.

@Shaun_Mitchell ^

Hi, and thank you! I’m a grizzled veteran of the software industry in the Silly Valley, recognizing a bit of myself in Susan, Fred, David, Terry and Charlotte. After 20 years of managing software development, I had an epiphany- authority is an impediment for me, I can be more effective, and we can all be much happier, without it. Ever since then, I have strived to follow the servant leader path. How can I help here?

Hi @trudelle,

The best thing you can do is get involved in the conversation. We have all sorts of people here from people just beginning their journey to veterans like yourself. I’d love to hear about some of both the wins and losses you’ve seen over the years.

Cheers Brad

Thanks @JayHorsecow, I would love join the podcast. I’m not sure what / if value I could bring to the discussion however. To be totally transparent, I’m new’ish to the HR field (working in it for the last 9 month, coming from IT before that) and I’v been tasked with helping setup the discipline of an Agile strategy that a consultant has setup for the organization.

Always interested in the conversation and if I can provide any feedback / value I’m all for it.

Hi @Shaun_Mitchell,

That’s 9 more months than most people. Don’t discount the value of being new to a field. Often you can see things that people with more experience miss completely.

HR can fit really nicely with Agile. Coming from IT background you probably have the ability to apply systems thinking to the task at hand. I’d be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Hey folks - just joining the group after getting introduced to it at the Toronto SG. Looking forward to reading and listening to what looks like some good stuff! I’m a beer-loving agile coach from NY.

Do we have a persona for beer loving? If not, we should. Welcome @randy

Dive in … start a thread… pile on an existing convo…

Hi, I am William Strydom. I learned about the agile coalition from Alistair Cockburn when I asked him about the agile manifesto some time ago. I am currently very fortunate to be collaborating with @Troy at a client site and he introduced me to the fine things the agile coalition has to offer.

I am a coach who gets fulfillment from helping people grow and reach their fullest potential, whatever their passion or goal may be.

I have been on my agile journey for over a decade and have matured from scrum master to agile practitioner to agile coach to whatever else I enjoy doing. I do enjoy continuous learning and as a result I have tons of certifications, agile and non-agile, for me the certifications are a byproduct not the goal. My focus is the learning; and applying the learning for the growth of individuals and organizations.

I notice some people here at the agile coalition I have crossed paths with on my journey and new names and faces I would enjoy meeting and sharing ideas with. This does feel like my tribe.

I am looking forward to lots of sharing and learning.

Namaste

Hello All,

This is Prasanna Sathyanarayanan (it’s faster to write a program to count the number of ‘a’ in my name).

I am an Agile Coach in the winter city of Edmonton, Alberta (with deceptively nice summers) in the great white north.

Came to know about the Agile Uprising coalition through the On Agile virtual conference and met Ryan in person at the Toronto SGCAN, hoping to learn from fellow agilists and contribute here.

BTW, can someone point me to the DevOps slack channel?

@theagileenthusiast Our sincerest apologies for the time you spent with Ryan… :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that did not involve staying out until 3AM in Toronto.

The DevOps slack channel? Need more context to try to help there…

And a belated hello to @William - great podcast with @troy !

Thanks @andycleff - ha ha, no it didn’t. I was poking him on some topics regarding Continuous Deployment, kind of nerdy talk.

The DevOps slack channel was mentioned by Ryan during his keynote at SGCAN, I managed to find it http://devopsdebate.com and have sent a request to join.

Hi!

My name is Peter Trudelle, I’m a grizzled software development veteran living in the SF Bay area. I practice Lean/Agile approaches, looking for better ways of working, teaching them to others, and guiding them to improve their outcomes.

Grizzled is good word. Definitely suits California, don’t you have a grizzly bear on the state flag?

Anyway, welcome and glad to have you here. What is a challenge facing you atm?

To be honest it probably depends on the maturity of the organisation/ industry. Automotive is forced into lean on an operational level, otherwise OEMs lose their competitive edge even on the premium level. What is interesting in that the support functions appear to have an iron grasp on waterfall, even in the IT environment, as the C- level is just not buying into alternative methodologies. Interestingly my previous organisation was the other way around (an Aerospace manufacturer); shop floor was struggling to get lean but C-level was more “agile”.

Hi, I’m Derek Parker. I’ve been all over the IT map over my career - developer, sys admin mngr, cloud mngr, PM. I’m now a scrum master transitioning an ocean liner of a company (with a small rudder) to Agile Scrum, and maybe on to SAFe later. So I’m a part-time PM, part-time scrum master and coach.

I joined over a year ago, but I’ve only popped in here from time to time to read a few posts. I think I may be here more often in the next few months asking you guys questions and sharing some experiences.