Alistair Cockburn's Crystal Family - Have you used it?

In preparation for a project I am working on around the pre-manifesto agile methodologies, I decided to learn more about Alistair’s Crystal Family Methodologies. I have just scratched the surface, but does anyone have any first hand experience using them, or good resources to point me towards? The more I am finding, the more curious I get why this isn’t more pervasive in industry.

Never used it and have very limited knowledge about it. Had to study the basics for the ACP test.

From what I remember it’s an ultra light weight framework that obviously goes along with Agile values and principles.

It’s called a family because it’s actually 5 different methods and depending on risk and number of people, you would choose the corresponding method.

For example if you look at a graph, on the X axis you have an increasing number of people involved and on the Y axis an increasing amount of risk.

For example if you have small risk and small number of people you would use Crystal Clear, Then Yellow, then orange, then red, then finally Maroon when you have large risk and large amount of people.

But currently that’s all I can remember… Would love to learn more about it though in real world scenarios. Hopefully this thread can be a great learning tool!

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/crystalclear

Welcome to the site @totheralistair

I’m not sure I can trust the first post of a noob. (Thank you sir :sunglasses:)