Lean Inception

Came across this the other day, figured I’d pass it along. I like the idea of a week-long exercise as it sets a time box for completion.

HoCw

@JayHorsecow as someone who’s done it a few times, I can give you some more insight into the events if you’re curious. They run various time frames depending on what we are building, and the farthest thing from cookie-cutter.

It’s a lot of fun, one of my favorite things we do at TW.

And also stress inducing. Long days, nights of wine and booze to recover, patience with each other and clients. You know, a regular party LOL.

@chrismurman I will def pick your brain, the other side of my org just went thru a completely kludgey exercise to accomplish the same results outlined in the process so at this point any knowledge would be helpful.

This sounds familiar.
In the world of Vendor Software ( configuration and Gap Analysis ) these steps were called the Conference Room Pilot, where the Product Owner(s) understood the functions and features within the product, what configurations were available - and how they could be used, and what features were missing and needed to be customized, enhanced, re-evaluated, dropped, delayed, or done manually.
It is usually the most important week in a multi-year project. I went through many in the Y2K days.