Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)

Welcome to all our latest arrivals. I’m wondering if we’ve got your personas covered here: Who is the Agile Uprising Coalition for?

Glad you are here Warren. Tell us about the latter of your roles? I must admit I smiled when I read the title “release train engineer” for the obvious pun (not the role itself). :slight_smile:

Manifesto Birthday!

Howdy! I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while, and just started diving into the Coalition forums. Very happy to meet a few of you in person at Heart of Agile in Pittsburgh a few weeks back. Currently working as Principal Dev Coach at Guidewire Software near San Francisco. Got involved in the XP community in 2001 or so. Definitely an engineer at heart, undergrad was in comp sci, but I’ve pushed myself through grad work in psychology and education later in my career. Just suggested a persona called “Ollie the Old Timer”. :slight_smile: You can find some oldish blog posts of mine at Agile Focus. Thanks for getting this Uprising started!

We are so glad you are here!

Already enjoying your conributions. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Vander Silva, from Brazil. Currently, I am a Product Owner at Petrobras, a state-run oil company. Recently I discovered Agile Uprising Podcast and decided to join this community.
I have used Agile and Scrum since 2011 with huge success in my company for our in-house developments, and now I am trying to use Scrum as a Product Owner for new projects developed by a contractor. In this situation, I do not have any visibility of how the contractor work, but I have my product backlog and long sprints, 28 days.
I want to share my experiences and learn more about Agile methodologies, so many new things are happening now, and I believe this community will help me a lot.

One thing that I truly enjoy about this community is the global span. We share the State of the Coalition reports monthly, and seeing our group spread so internationally makes this larger effort seem like it is resonating! Welcome aboard, @Vander_Silva. Be sure to tell others in Brazil about us and the podcast :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m Brian Button. I’ve been in the agile world since the end of 1999/start of 2000, with Object Mentor originally. Since then I’ve been in just about every role possible in the agile world, today when I’m leading the agile transformation for one of the Fortune 50 in the US.

I’ve been very active in the community, starting with being one of the track chairs for XP Universe in 2001, track chair and program chair for Agile20xx, conference chair of Agile2016, and conference chair for Agile Alliance Tech Conference 2017. I was one of the original founders of XPSTL, the first XP user group in St. Louis, frequent speaker and trainer around town, have written an article or two, used to blog a lot, and speak at the occasional conference.

While I live across the entire agile spectrum, my first love is definitely developing. I love writing code, exploring TDD, and teaching TDD to others.

Now I spend most of my time guiding a very large agile transformation in the health care world, and loving every minute of it!

bab

Hello Coalition! Glad to be joining this community. I saw a few other respected local Dallas folks have been active here and wanted to check it out. I currently serve as the director of Agile Project Management at VIZIENT, Inc. I’ve been working in software for 13 years and after a false start or 2, finally became one with Agile around 4 years ago. I look forward to sharing experiences with other members. I also have a blog where I share my thoughts (www.scrummasterblaster.com). Thanks!

Your name looks familiar Brian. Must have crossed paths with you somewhere along the way. Glad you came to hang out, look forward to your contribution!

From one Dallasite to another @PaulValitutto welcome. Have we met at one of the meetups before?

Thanks Chris. I have seen you at dfwscrum. More at the old Addison location. I presented a couple of times at the new plano location.

I don’t get to go much since they moved. Travel more for work now. That’s awesome you’ve gotten to present, have you submitted them to conferences?

They were shorter lightning talks, but I am interested in presenting at Agile camp 2017. Trying to settle on a topic.

Happy to help or read over what you have. Just let me know. You can email me at chrisdmurman@gmail.com.

Enjoyed the gangs podcast on imposter syndrome.

Thanks Paul…lots of women I admire and respect!

Hi from sunny South Africa, after testing for 11 years of which the last 2 years was in Scrum environment. I was asked if I want to try being a scrum master, 6 months later I attended my CSM certification class in 2015 and never looked back.
Fellow colleagues shared the link to your podcast and articles and I started listening to the podcast and I gained insight into others way of thinking and reaffirmed why I’m an Agile change agent and not a scrum master.
For me my focus was all about the team delivering the product if they are empowered they are highly motivated and a highly motivated team will accomplish anything on their path but I hope to broaden my experience to influence the organization as a whole and not only team.

@Tinus_Kruger Welcome! You have a wonderful approach and outlook to the potential that an agile mindset brings to a team and an organization.

On behalf of all of us here - we hope you find great value in our community.

This is so cool. I’m glad I found you! I listened to the RAG podcast after I found the link in my LI feed. It’s like Chris, Jay, and Andy were flies on the wall at many a Monday morning come to Jesus meetings at every company I’ve worked with. I only just joined 10 minutes ago and this place already feels like home.

I’ve been in IT for a little over 15 years. I started in the SE world and then moved into PM. As companies I worked with transformed to agile I took on the role of SM, although many of them still expected PM responsibilities. I’ve had the pleasure also of working in more mature agile organizations and really appreciated the difference. At this point I consider myself an agilist and evangelize when I get the chance. I’m considering a role at a company at the moment that is fairly mature in scrum"like" (their description) framework. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning and participating in the discussions. Looking to get my Editor badge.

@pascal8888, I know the feeling.

Welcome to the coalition. I’ve found the people here warm, thoughtful and honest in their opinions. These boards have been a great way to get ideas out of my own skull and tested with others in safety.

Welcome again.