Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)

I can imagine,

Worthwhile rarely equals easy. Any change (be it mindset or methods) requires discipline, passion and perseverance to stick. My experience is that buzzwords are only helpful if the open up the conversation and not at all if things stops there.

Resistance to change is pretty normal. Stepping beyond the status quo is always difficult for people. Even for those of us that try to embrace it. I fail at it all the time.

We make our gains in silence most of the time. The wins are small. Look through the posts for stories of frustration from brothers and sisters in arms. You will definitely feel it in a few of mine.

We run a long race. The good thing is that we don’t run it alone. You will find people asking questions of when others feel it is the right time to move on. There aren’t often easy answers.

Welcome from people that bear the scars, but hold hope fresh. You are amongst friends.

@JayHorsecow @andycleff @troy There might be a podcast here. “The buzz is a dull hum, what now?!” :smiley:

Def a podcast in there.
Might be related to David Rock and the SCARF model.
That damn amygdala…

https://davidrock.net/publications/

If there is only one thing leaders learn about change, it should be the SCARF model. Hands down. The Best.

Sounds like I’ve found my next lot of reading to do.

Podcast anyone?

@Tanner and I dove into the SCARF topic awhile back…

I’ve branched the SCARF topic: David Rock’s SCARF Model for Change

Hello everyone, I am COO and Co-Founder of Startup GitScrum (Headquarter in Portugal - Sintra).
I hope through the group to expand the knowledge of the agile methodologies and to follow the perception of the market in relation to the other softwares.
GitScrum is currently available in OpenSource version and in the coming days will be released the SaaS version. Want to know a little more, this is our website: www.gitscrum.com
Regards
Rodrigo Sequeiros

Welcome @Rodrigo_Sequeiros !

Great to have you aboard.

Welcome to the coalition.

That was a good time, @andycleff. I still get questions from time to time about that post we put together.

Hi! My name is Mari Graulau. I am a Scrum Master working in the IT department at GEICO Auto Insurance. I have been a scrum master for less than a year. I have learned quite a lot about Agile in my short time as scrum master but I am always looking to supplement my knowledge. A co-worker suggested your site as having good content and a supportive community. I look forward to exploring the content and collaborating with the Coalition.

Nice to meet you @mgraulau924 !

Welcome Mari,

This is a great place to try out ideas in a supportive environment. The members are generous with their time and knowledge. I look forward to seeing what you bring out.

Cheers
Brad

Well… we’re batting at least 0.500 on that account :stuck_out_tongue:

Use all content of mine at your own risk!

Great to have you here!

Hi all!

My name is Tara and I’m based out of Minneapolis, currently working for a logistics company with about 5 development teams both teaching and coaching. I’m an agile coach who definitely came from the school of “hippie agile,” and spent all of my earlier days in the agile space mentoring with someone affectionately known as The Dude (David Hussman). I learned really early on about why being pragmatic is so important. I also learned right away that you don’t know what you don’t know.

I’ve been coaching for a few years now but have buckets to learn. I’m a big fan of experience over certifications, tough (but good) conversations over hierarchy and purpose over process. User research is also a huge passion of mine.

I also really love pugs, cycling and rock and roll. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Looking forward to growing and sharing here.

Hi Tara,

Welcome to the coalition. I think to be effective we all need a little hippie in us. I come from a UI/UX Development background, so user research is always a good thing to hear in my ears.

And pugs… Well, my son would agree with you 100% there. The most beautiful personalities with such poor construction. If you are up for rock and roll, the guys did a whole podcast on agile in music.

I look forward to chatting with you. What’s the thing that really has you going atm?

Brad

Time for a pets cat-egory here in the coalition?

I’m somewhere between Anne the Architect, and Gerald the Generalist. A David of a couple of decades’ experience, Ivanning out on occasion, now mostly sitting among Ivans and working on their interactions with Elliots. But I still love hanging out with Daves - they’re my homies.

Frequently, some Elliot will ask me to “go make X happen” - when X is something the org doesn’t really know how to do, and needs to learn about PDQ. Other times, it’s “Go fix Y”. Y is usually hairy, misbehaved, and has horrid table manners. Other times still, I just find my own trouble. I’m good at that. I’m a knowledge door-kicker, a silo saboteur, an agent of change and mischief.

After dealing with quite a few agile dysfunctions, and benefiting from a few winning agile plays (mostly of the very unorthodox - nay, iconoclastic - variety), I figured that most of what I do is promote business agility up and down the organisation.

I hope to get a few of my “am I crazy, or…” answers here, to avail myself to the wheels people have come up with before me, so as to not have to reinvent them, and to provide comedic relief, iconoclasm on demand, and whatever experience I can contribute to my fellow insurgents.

Suitably epic intro! Welcome!

@ManuelGomes bring it all, your whole wonderful self!!!