Welcome to the Coalition! Introduce yourself :-)

Hi there. My name’s Simon and I’ve been working with agility since 2004 and been a CEC since 2010. With one of my clients, I’ve been experimenting for the last few years with Scrum values and agile principles in the field of gas plant construction. I’m here to both share some experiences and learn from others’ experiences.

I’m Tanner. I’ve been embracing agile before I knew it had a name. We just called it leading Marines. I’ve been at this for upward of 12 years and currently work with teams at a small start up in Silicon Valley named Study.com. Additionally, I write a blog to share my experiences and contribute to the community at www.spikesandstories.com.

@Tanner and @Wolfdowny thanks for joining. @Tanner thank you for your service, sir.

We are so happy to have you with us. Please take time to check out the other topics and join in the convos, or start a new topic. You will see how much we like to engage :slight_smile:

Glad you joined the coalition, Tanner!

HI! I’m Melissa. Love the concept of this group, and really looking forward to learning alongside everyone.

I’ve been deeply interested in leadership and culture since 2003, and agile since 2010. I am a CSP with the Scrum Alliance, and currently working on my Certified Team Coach application. I have a particular affinity for agile culture, remote teams, and agile in education. My husband is an English teacher currently practicing scrum in his classroom, so we have had a great experience exploring that still-somewhat-newly-charted-territory.

I look forward to meeting everyone and chatting! You can also find me on Twitter - @BoggsyGirl03

[Quote] I’ve been deeply interested in leadership and culture since 2003, and agile since 2010. I am a CSP with the Scrum Alliance, and currently working on my Certified Team Coach application. I have a particular affinity for agile culture, remote teams, and agile in education. My husband is an English teacher currently practicing scrum in his classroom, so we have had a great experience exploring that still-somewhat-newly-charted-territory.

I look forward to meeting everyone and chatting! You can also find me on Twitter - @BoggsyGirl03
[/quote]

Welcome BoggsyGirl03… Would love to hear more about your experience with Agile when it ties to leadership as well as how your Husband is running scrum in his classroom. Should start some new threads about those topics. Looking forward to your posts. :slight_smile:

Seconded!!

Hi all, I am Sarah and I’m an internal Agile Coach in Orlando, Florida, USA. I am passionate about creating work places where team members can feel like they can show up with their whole selves. I believe people who feel like they are safe and valued create the best products. I enjoy working with teams, creating training sessions, and sharing ideas with like-minded folks. I have three boys and three step kids and I’ve been married for 15 years (wow). I am excited to be here!

Welcome aboard Sarah…

Hello, I am Daffeyo (rhymes with “Mafia”, no other affiliation, I promise you!) and I am very excited to be a part of the Agile Uprising community. I love community forums where newbies and experienced folks alike can all learn from each other!! I am looking forward to learning from everyone here as I move my Agile knowledge and experience to higher levels. Thanks again and I am very glad to be here!

Hi I’m Mike and glad to be here - I’ve been using Agile (mostly scrum) for about 2 to 4 years (depending how you count). I’ve used it both as a manger and now a director from the App Dev side. As a former software developer it feels easy to use scrum - especially with all of the tools and info now out there.

I’m interested to see how others are using/applying agile principles and what does and doesn’t work in different applications.

welcome @w1zdmckr and @mcapsu… Looking forward to reading your posts.

Love your perspective; I’d like to think we are all students in one form or another, and can learn from all in the forum. Thank you for the intro, and sharing!

EduScrum is something I’ve heard Sutherland talk about with experiments he’s conducted in Europe. Might be a good place to do some research if you havent already. As a father to two elementary school age kids, I’m deeply interested in your pursuits and look forward to hearing what you guys discover. Let me know how I can help!

Hi Winnie! This is exactly the type of experience that really helps round out this community. Really looking forward to sharing ideas, and hearing about your experiences. No certs needed to learn :grin:

Hey everyone!

Not sure which persona I identify most with. Probably a combination of Charlotte, Terry, Peter, Fred, and Susan. :slight_smile:

Been participating in Agile teams for the past five years, and I’ve gone through several stages of enlightenment on the topic. What I’m most excited about is acknowledging our shortcomings as a community with transparency and working with each other to hone our crafts every day.

welcome @chrismurman …stoked that you are here.

Welcome @chrismurman! I saw your keynote at KAA2016, and it was fantastic! Glad you joined us here.

Thats very kind of you to say. It was the first time I had presented that topic, so I felt like I was getting all the kinks out of that talk.

Happy to be here, looking forward to contributing to the conversation!

Hi everyone, I am a combination of several of the personas. I am a Certified ScrumMaster but also a frustrated practitioner and want to be coach. I started using scrum after getting my CSM while working for Deloitte Consulting. After leaving there I introduced scrum to a data analytics company and got them started on their agile journey. Over the past 2 years I have been a scrummaster for a public sector client in Harrisburg PA. I have helped introduce scrum here as well and helping other teams as well as my own to get up to speed with scrum and make adjustments to our specific approach. The frustrating part is the CIO has no technical background and only knows waterfall so I find us moving more and more back towards waterfall. I am constantly reading and learning more about agile and scrum and sooner or later I will sit for my PMI-ACP exam (to go along with my PMP). Finally, I teach a master’s level agile project management course at Harrisburg University as part of it’s Masters of Project Management degree. I hope to learn more from this community include what it takes to become a good agile coach.